Thank you for helping to make REF a success!
- REF Post-Initiative Presentation: Slides
- Rice Education of the Future: Final Report
- Rice Education of the Future: Final Full Report
Check out the REF Initiative Recap Video for a brief overview of the team’s work.
Stemming from the Student Vision for the Second Century, the Rice Education of the Future (REF) initiative was recently created by the Student Association to address key aspects of the undergraduate experience, including academics, extracurriculars, mentorship, and social life. It is geared toward aligning the Rice experience with the current priorities and needs of students through the consideration of two questions:
- How can we change the holistic Rice experience to include the activities and experiences students derive the most value from, preparing them for the challenges of the 21st century?
- How can we do this in a way that re-aligns the current Rice experience, rather than adding to and overwhelming it?